Affordable 3D Printers for Makers, DIYers, and Educators
Printrbot was founded in 2011 to provide affordable 3D printers to makers, DIYers, and educators throughout the world. Through its expertise in rapid product development, the Company has continued to iterate its products to provide increasing value and functionality to its customers.
As a Printrbot distributor, WYNIT can help your business grow by offering great products, including the Assembled Simple Metal Printrbot 3D printer.
Contact Us: 800.GO.WYNIT
Supplier approval is required. Contact your WYNIT Sales Rep for authorization.
Simple Metal Printrbot
Learn more about Printrbot
Introducing the Printrbot Plus 3D Printer
The Printrbot Plus is constructed of powder coated metal and machined aluminum with open platform for fabricating parts up to 10 x 10 x 10 inches using 1.75mm PLA filament. The printer head moves on the X (left to right) and Z (up and down) axes, while the heated print bed moves on the Y (backward and forward) axis. The Mic 6 aluminum bed is extremely flat and works with an Auto-Leveling Probe with the user-chosen software to calibrate the height of the print head.
The printer uses open source software and connects to the computer using the included mini-USB cable. Using a micro-SD card (sold separately), the printer can be disconnected from the computer for untethered printing during long print jobs.
- Model: 1504
- Build Volume X-Y-Z: 250mm x 250mm x 250mm (apx 10″ x 10″ x 10″)
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included) as well as flexible and ABS
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Heated: Max temperature of 100C – Mic 6 aluminum (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body
- Rails: 12mm Linear Rails
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
As of 1/11/16, the Printrboard no longer ships with pins for EXP1, EXP2, I2C, or ICSP.
- Software: Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura – available for free download.
- Max Current Draw: ~5-9 Amps
- Power Requirements: 12V 350W ATX power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper. Click here for specifications.
- Fan Shroud: Click here to download the printable file.
- Click here to download a pdf of technical specifications.
*Disclaimer of Assembly: Printrbot does not guarantee compatibility with any third party software or operating system (Repetier, Pronterface, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). This applies to kits and assembled units.
*For more on getting started with your Printrbot Plus, click here